Breaking News

Katsande Net Late Winner as their win felt like they won a trophy.

Chiefs made a positive start to the clash as Siphiwe Tshabalala unleashed a shot on target in the first minute, after pouncing on a loose pass, but it was easily saved.
Despite the promising signs for the visitors, it was AmaTuks who drew first blood in the fifth minute. With their first real attack the ball fell for Ntombayithethi who hammered his shot into the bottom corner of the goal.
The hosts were pumped up after the opener and created another near-chance when Nyondo was through in the right channel and squared for Bacela, but he took his eye off the ball and didn't make contact.
Chiefs had half a chance to level matters thanks to a terrific low cross from the left from George Lebese, but only Bernard Parker was in the box and couldn't reach it in time.
Tuks looked eager to attack despite their lead and initiated a lightning-quick counter which saw Mnyamane trying to thread it through for Nyondo, but he was just offside.
As the second half wore on AmaTuks took a more defensive approach, but Chiefs failed to unlock them and the hosts retained their lead at the interval.
The sides made a slow start to the second half, but around the hour mark Chiefs had numerous chances to level matters. 
Maluleka created one such chance as he dinked a ball over the top for Lebese to run onto, but his shot was over the bar. Lebese then crossed from the left to set up Parker whose header was saved by Coetsee.
Nyondo seemed to double Tuks' lead in the 63rd minute when he put it in the back of the net, but he was in an offside position when the initial deflected shot was hit.
Chiefs missed a massive chance in the 66th minute. Maluleka put Reneilwe Letsholonyane through but he somehow sent his strike wide of the far post.
AmaTuks felt hard done by shortly thereafter as they were denied a penalty when Mnyamane went down in the box. The Tuks man was carded for simulation instead.
Yet another chance fell for Chiefs when Ritchie was put through on the left. He was one-one-one with the goalkeeper but his shot was saved.
The equaliser finally arrived in the 72nd minute. Edward Manqele crossed from the right and after a blocked shot the ball fell for Yeye who slotted it for 1-1.
Chiefs were all over Tuks towards the end of the game and were rewarded for their perseverance in the 85th minute when Willard Katsande headed home a corner kick at the far post to claim three points.
Here's how they lined up: 
AmaTuks: 26 Coetsee, 37 Mwedihanga, 28 Mthethwa, 7 Ngubane, 15 Jaure, 14 Maruping (Nyathi 63'), 23 Nemukondeni (Zwane 75'), 10 Mnyamane, 5 Ntombayithethi, 14 Bacela (Bacela 87'), 17 Nyondo
Chiefs: 32 Khune, 18 Moleko, 26 Gordinho, 3 Mathoho, 23 Ritchie, 31 Katsande, 12 Maluleka (Bukenya 89'), 35 Baloyi (Letsholonyane 54'), 17 Lebese (Manqele 66'), 25 Parker, 14 Tshabalala


Staff writter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.