Breaking News
recent

Carlo Ancelotti: I will return to football, but not until next season

Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed he intends to complete his year-long sabbatical before returning to club management.
The Italian, who left Real Madrid last season, had been linked with the vacancy at Liverpool created by the sacking of Brendan Rodgers. However, with Jürgen Klopp set to be appointed at Anfield in the near future, Ancelotti admitted it has always been his intention to take a year off.
“I enjoy my time now but, of course, I want to come back to manage - to work - because it is my passion,” he said at an event at the National History Museum in London on Tuesday.
“I want to take my time to rest, but next season I am ready.”
In a separate interview with French newspaper Le Parisien, Ancelotti suggested he could be open to a return to Paris Saint-Germain, where he spent two years before moving to Madrid in 2013.
“Why not? I have very good memories of Paris, PSG, I have good relations with everyone, with Nasser [al-Khelaifi, the PSG president],” said Ancelotti.
“But I’m thinking about other things and PSG has a very good coach in Laurent Blanc. I hope he will continue and shine in the Champions League.”
Ancelotti, who had back surgery after leaving Madrid in the summer, has been spending his time in the United States recently and posted a picture of him having dinner with Frank Lampard and Andrea Pirlo on his Twitter account last month.
Sphamandla Ntshokotsha

Sphamandla Ntshokotsha

Staff writter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loading...
Powered by Blogger.